Please see further details below for coronavirus updates for staff, status of the market, recommended institutional responses, and how Grok can support in each market.
- An article from Toronto’s Globe and Mail about approaches to planning for distance education by UBC and University of Toronto
- A good example from University of Auckland on a Coronavirus page on their site and a communication to Chinese students on WeChat
- CDC recommends against travel to China Inside Higher Ed
- Coronavirus Critical Resources NAFSA
- Coronavirus triggers travel restrictions and other countermeasures ICEF Monitor
- Coronavirus disrupting international study across the globe The PIE News
- Health alert updates US Embassy of China
- Daily briefing on the coronavirus National Health Commission of the PRC
- Daily updated guide from Arcs Technica on coronavirus
In response to the uncertainty created by the recent coronavirus outbreak and its potential impact on international recruitment activities, Grok has assembles resources for institutions.
Options for distance recruitment have suddenly become a high priority since, while in-country, face-to-face engagement continues to remain the most effective foundation for international recruitment, circumstances are now ruling that out in key markets for some institutions.
As part of our mission to help higher education institutions navigate international markets, we are assembling resources to help ensure institutions can minimize the impact of the coronavirus outbreak and continue to reach students, and that students continue to have the chance to evaluate their options and make their choices wisely.
To the extent that we can, we have made as many resources as possible free of charge to the international education community, including:
- Webinar: Recruitment at a Distance – Effective contingency plans in the face of the coronavirus outbreak, (with downloadable guide).
- A series of virtual high school fairs, pairing university presentations with 1-1 virtual “speed networking” meetings with students (on a cost-sharing basis).
- The Webinar on Webinars – A panel discusses webinar best practices and a selection of platforms, to understand how to set up a Webinar, schedule and pre-record them for later distribution. This webinar covers some of the often-forgotten best practices and creative/efficient ways to use them in place of, or to supplement your current recruitment efforts.
- A webinar on Live Streaming and Webinars in China (in Chinese with English subtitles) – Many institutions have turned to live-streaming activities to bring the latest information and provide maximum support to students and parents in China. This webinar guides you through effective live streaming and webinar platforms in China.
- Free training on effective digital recruitment using innovative platforms such as Concourse. This training will help you effectively engage students one-on-one on digital recruitment platforms.
- A panel webinar with industry leaders on the state of the China market and how to best access it during this time (tentative / timing TBD).
- Regular coronavirus situation updates via our newsletter.
Sign up below for more information and to request any of these resources or services.
Commercial Services to Help Further
We also offer a range of commercial services that can help your institution with distance recruitment, including:
- Developing a quick distance marketing and recruitment strategy
- Promoting and facilitating recruitment webinars for your institution
- Digital recruitment staff
- Contingent staffing to help you cover events during times of travel restriction
Here at Grok we are well known for our friendly, consultative, and collaborative approach. If you’d like to request a free consultation about how we might help, please contact us.
Please sign up below to learn more about our services, or to elect to participate in Grok’s events.