At Grok we support universities, colleges and governments in the difficult process of internationalization. We extend the international teams of higher education institutions into the world’s most important education markets. We are not agents, providers of pathway programs, or middlemen. Our only economic interest is to provide in-market services for our client institutions. Our clients decide their own international agenda, and we provide advice, various kinds of support, and find and supervise the most suitable local staff that will work in seamless collaboration with our partners to achieve their objectives.
Our clients spend a significant budget on managing their activities overseas, and we offer a growing service framework that helps them achieve better results. We have assisted more than 100 institutions with the management of recruitment channels; the development and management of academic partnerships; and a range of digital marketing activities. We are a US corporation, with offices in China, India, and a growing presence in Kuala Lumpur and Ho Chi Minh City.
For the last several years, Grok has grown rapidly and we now employ over 100 staff globally. We have emerged as the leading provider of field engagement services for our clients. We are executing on a significant vision to be – not just a basic service platform – but a provider of high-value in-market services. We are the first and the best in the market, and we are working very hard to hold that position.
This role will be responsible for optimising multiple client engagements within our China team as part of the Global Marketing service providing them with strategic oversight. This will include solution selling, to negotiate and understand the needs of the client and match them to Grok’s marketing capabilities in China.
Due to the growth in the service, we are looking for someone to work alongside the China Marketing Manager to support the planning and implementation which comes with a new client engagement, identifying internal and external commercial and sales opportunities, as well as having oversight of the strategic direction for the institution going forward.
In particular, this role will include regular virtual client engagements across multiple time zones, providing recommendations on effective China marketing techniques to build their recruitment outcomes. The aim is to ensure a longstanding relationship with Grok and encourage the uptake of new and proactive marketing campaigns, as well as other Grok services to help clients meet their objectives.
– Working with Grok’s Relationship Coordinators (RC’s), to help account manage all clients with China marketing engagements, and identify inside sales opportunities to support Grok’s continued growth.
– Support the Head of Marketing, and Grok’s Business Development teams with sales activities to acquire new clients, and manage their expectations in regards to marketing in China.
– Interface with client institutions at a high level, with regional recruitment /marketing managers, or Directors/Heads of IO/Marketing, etc.
– Develop a full understanding of Grok’s marketing capabilities and manage client’s expectations when it comes to their overall marketing strategies.
– Work with clients to demonstrate the connection between their marketing activities, and recruitment results, and host workshops to present audits, and growth strategies.
– Brainstorm new and creative university growth marketing strategies for China and provide problem-solving where education clients face restrictions.
– Work with the China Marketing Manager, to ensure clients are collaborating sufficiently with their Digital Marketing Officers to meet expectations.
– Report to the Head of Global Marketing, working on ad-hoc client projects to ensure they fit in with the strategic objectives of the institution.
– Monitor client reports assessing against goals (ROI and KPIs), identifying trends to optimize performance, and if necessary identifying and create strategies that will turn poor performance around.
– Evaluate emerging marketing techniques in China, and provide thought leadership to clients, and support the expansion of the Global Marketing service line overall.
– Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in a role in the higher education industry, public or private.
– Strong understanding or experience of the student marketing and recruitment landscape in China.
– Strong commercial acumen, and a proven track record of business development or solution selling.
– Experience in client relationship management, demonstrating strong communication skills (English & Mandarin).
– Providing evidence of implementing overarching marketing strategies that use digital marketing to increase enrolment outcomes and brand awareness.
– Demonstratable understanding of international strategic marketing principles, and how institutions can localise their domestic strategies to impact China marketing.
– Good understanding of the latest marketing trends, that impact student recruitment.
– Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
– Bachelor’s degree. (Masters is desirable.)