Grok is an international education professional service provider with operations across Asia serving a large and growing number of global universities. Due to growth in our Global Marketing service, we are looking for a Digital Marketing Officer (DMO) to join the SEA marketing team in Kuala Lumpur. The DMO will be assigned to work with education institutions on various projects, focusing on multiple countries in SEA, as well as actively supporting Grok’s own marketing initiatives. The DMO must be persistent, creative, and enjoy being a part of an exciting and growing team.
- Build a strong connection with overseas clients and ensure all marketing activities can achieve their goals.
- Plan and research to input on marketing strategies based on the requirements of overseas clients, and the localised targeting required in each market.
- Plan, develop and deliver campaigns to increase engagement with target audiences to help overseas clients establish a professional digital presence.
- Responsible for organic and paid marketing strategies, including content marketing, email marketing, social and search engine marketing.
- Monitor social media accounts, education forums, and online media platforms on behalf of clients to ensure positive brand image is delivered in the region, and provide feedback on any negative PR.
- Support lead generation and conversion campaigns, working with in-country recruiters or appropriate contacts at the institution to ascertain the lead quality.
- Coordinate and promote social media competitions, live streaming events and/or webinars.
- Create marketing tool kits, brochures, posters and banners to support in-country recruitment for clients.
- Assist Grok’s marketing teams to showcase best practice and highlight marketing trends across SEA.
- Support Grok’s marketing partner development across SEA to provide clients with innovative solutions, and input on developing Grok’s own marketing strategy.
The Most Suitable Background
- 2-4+ years of experience in marketing, preferably within international education.
- Bachelor’s degree with good to strong academic performance.
- Strong English fluency; proficient in business report writing; able to discuss strategy and analysis with English speakers.
- Data-driven, with demonstratable experience in creating and executing full marketing plans.
- Study or experience abroad strongly preferred.
- Relevant technical background is preferred including skills in design, video editing, social media marketing, etc..
- Voluntary or other life experience that demonstrates creativity, hard work, persistence or drive to succeed.
The Most Important Traits to Succeed
- A hunger to learn, and develop new skills
- Strong communication skills and able to influence others
- Strong strategic skills evaluate issues and make tactical recommendations
- Good judgment, internal moral compass
- Able to multi-task and manage a balanced agenda
- Strong customer sensitivity
- Attention to detail
- Intelligence, creative problem-solving skills
- Emotional maturity and confidence
- Ambitious and driven to results
- Initiative and resourceful
- Hardworking and persistent.