Grok is an international education professional service provider with operations across Asia serving a large and growing number of global universities. Due to growth in our Global Marketing service, we are looking for a Graphic Designer to join the SEA marketing team in Kuala Lumpur. The Graphic Designer will be assigned to work with education institutions on various projects, focusing on multiple countries, as well as actively supporting Grok’s own marketing initiatives. The Graphic Designer must be persistent, creative, and enjoy being a part of an exciting and growing team.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
- Plans concept by studying information and materials.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
- Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment; and purchasing from vendors.
- Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; and evaluating new equipment.
- Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The Most Suitable Background
- 2-4+ years of experience in graphic design.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, industrial design, or interior design, or equivalent experience.
- Strong graphic skills, layout skills and analytical skills.
- Relevant technical skills such as desktop publishing tools and graphic design software
- Voluntary or other life experience that demonstrates creativity, hard work, persistence or drive to succeed.
The Most Important Traits to Succeed
- A hunger to learn, and develop new skills
- Strong communication skills and able to influence others
- Strong strategic skills evaluate issues and make tactical recommendations
- Good judgment, internal moral compass
- Able to multi-task and manage a balanced agenda
- Attention to detail
- Intelligence, creative problem-solving skills
- Emotional maturity and confidence
- Ambitious and driven to results
- Initiative and resourceful
- Hardworking and persistent.