Grok has an upcoming position for one full-time international education research analyst interested in gaining real work experience in a foreign company in the fields of international education. This position is based in Kuala Lumpur or Ho Chi Minh City.
We are currently working with foreign institutions and governments developing Chinese partners and conducting market research in international education fields. Working with Grok, you will not only build expertise in market research and international education, but also build skills in business development, western culture and English.
Needed Traits For This Job
Language skills and experience are a given. Beyond that, we look for special people. We seek out intellects that have curiosity and intensity, and strong characters with integrity and compassion. We look for hard workers who show initiative and ownership of results. It is difficult to explain what we are looking for, except to say that we know it when we see it.
Key Result Areas
- Review of published international education materials in English. Stay abreast of significant news in education sector in China, SEA and around the globe.
- Reach out to potential partners through telephone or face to face interviews.
- Evaluate potential partners for their suitability and interest in partnerships.
- Build databases of potential partners for student recruitment and partnership development for foreign institutions.
- Information collection through internet, phone calls and questionnaires.
- Data entry and analysis.
- Through independent analysis, identify trends, implications and recommendations.
- Report writing in English.
- Depending on your capabilities, eventually take on further responsibilities, including event coordination, leadership, and management, as well as participation in new projects as they arise.
Qualifications and Selection Criteria
- Bachelor’s degree and above. Study or experience abroad a plus.
- 2 year + working experience.
- Professionalism, poise and leadership.
- A genuine interest in market research, interviewing people, and business development.
- Persistence, resilience and determination.
- Outgoing nature and self-motivated.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient in spoken and written English.
- Some experience with foreign education, or foreign university admissions and recruitment, or have other experience related to education/business development preferred.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office, especially word and excel.
Working at Grok
We offer excellent support and supervision, interesting and meaningful work, and excellent opportunities for professional development and advancement. Grok also offers competitive local salaries, bonuses, full social benefits as well as supplementary health and travel insurance.