We are looking for a talented, dedicated professional to support the University of Adelaide via Grok Global’s Program Office.
About the University of Adelaide
The University of Adelaide—a member of Australia’s prestigious Group of Eight research-intensive universities—stands tall among the world’s leading institutions of learning and innovation.
Marketing and Recruitment is responsible for ensuring the University is able to recruit and admit high quality students to its programs from a wide range of markets internationally. The China office provides supports to the M&R on student recruitment functions
Working under general direction, the International Officer works collaboratively with Regional Manager, the China team to coordinate and support the effective planning, delivery and evaluation of recruitment, retention and engagement objectives. The key objective is to ensure that quality international students are effectively attracted and recruited and converted to study in the University.
- Support the Regional Manager China to implement marketing and recruitment activities in China
- Deliver the provision of a range of services, information and advice to prospective students, which contributes to student recruitment objectives, including presentations, engaging with students personally, or via phone and email contact.
- In conjunction with the cross functions in the University provide high level advice and services on a range of student recruitment matters
- Identify the range of student engagement mechanisms available, such as within schools or on campus, and undertake or coordinate attendance to events for self, other staff and student ambassadors.
- Work with China Team reports on Regional student recruitment activities, and undertake competitor analysis, to source relevant data on recruitment trends and outcomes, which supports the continual development or refinement of recruitment objectives.
- Work closely with visitors from Australia to identify and articulate the core attributes of all University programs, including implementing new recruitment and engagement activities.
- Plan and organise recruitment events
- Provide supports to Regional Manager and China Team coordinate and deliver a range of student recruitment events and activities e.g. training workshops, information sessions, conversion events etc.
- Recruitment Strategies
- Develop and maintain collaborative interdisciplinary relationships and partnerships which support the achievement of UOA marketing campaigns and service delivery objectives.
- Support professional engagement with a range of internal and external student recruitment stakeholders, including intuitions and schools partners, students, parents, teachers, agents and academic institutions, in order to build The University of Adelaide’s profile in China
- Maintain effective working relationships with a range of University and Faculty staff, and with internal areas, Schools, local partner universities and external agencies, to support the University’s student recruitment strategic objectives.
- Participate in and contribute to event and recruitment related committees to support and inform recruitment and retention related elements.
- Respond to enquiries from prospective students, parents and agents made via phone, email and social media channels
- Assisting other senior recruitment officer in China Team in managing the University’s social media in China
- Perform regular visits to the University stakeholders in order to provide support and to train new staff as required. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with a range of University staff to support the University’s international recruitment strategy in China and other regions as required
- Ensure all activities and events are comprehensively reported on post event.
- Assist the Regional Manager at China in planning and delivering a balanced and transparent budget
- Assist the University in monitoring compliance by its recruitment agents with the ESOS Act, National Code and People’s Republic of China regulation in the country
Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrated understanding of current issues in student recruitment and retention in the Australian higher education sector
- Experience in developing and delivering outreach, student recruitment activities and retention programs or related events
- Demonstrated ability to identify, initiate and coordinate new opportunities for student recruitment and future student engagement projects or similar
- Experience in providing high quality service and advice to prospective students and key influencers such as parents and teachers
- Experience in delivering presentations in a confident, professional and engaging manner
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills with the ability to build and nurture relationships
- A good understanding of channel marketing and recruitment
- Fluent English and Mandarin
- A relevant degree with at least two years subsequent relevant experience; or
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
If you would like to apply or have any questions, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.