We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced international education professional to join our office in Ho Chi Minh City. The position will work to support the promotion of the University of Adelaide across Vietnam and Cambodia.
Student Recruitment and Conversions
- Support the Regional Manager (South East Asia) to implement marketing and student recruitment activities in Vietnam and Cambodia.
- Contribute to the development of the IRAS South East Asia regional international student recruitment strategy, providing market intelligence to support decision-making.
- Identify and advise on potential new pipelines and articulation opportunities, including potential timelines and targets.
- Create close collaborative working relationships with University partners, other educational institutions and agents/student recruitment representatives to facilitate the transfer of students to the University to meet the University’s targets for recruitment.
- Actively engage with international institutions to maintain and grow sustainable recruitment pipelines.
- Build and maintain agent training manual, program entry requirements sheets, admissions process flowchart, agent database, school counsellor database etc…
- Drive agent engagement, including seeking feedback to ensure they consistently meet their goals with regard to the University targets set.
- Represent the University at recruitment fairs, exhibitions, agent interview programs and other forums as directed.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and review of effective marketing tools to promote the University to prospective international students in Vietnam and Cambodia.
- Utilise digital marketing techniques to raise University’s brand presence, lead generation and student conversions.
- Provide monthly reports on expenses, budgets and activities to the Regional Manager (South East Asia).
- Provide recruitment support to academic/professional staff from the University as required during their visits to the region.
- Assist the University in monitoring compliance by its recruitment agents with the ESOS Act and National Code.
- Undertake extensive travel within Vietnam and Cambodia. Some other international travel may be required.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with a range of University staff to support the University’s international recruitment strategy in Vietnam and Cambodia.
- Maintain close collaborative working relationships with University business partners including agents, universities, schools, sponsoring bodies and government agencies to facilitate the transfer of students to the University.
- Perform regular visits to University stakeholders in order to provide support and to train new staff as required.
- Respond to enquiries from prospective students, parents and agents made via phone, email and social media channels.
Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the international tertiary student market.
- Demonstrated marketing (traditional and digital) and recruitment skills and ability to apply these skills to promote the University and its programs to prospective international students.
- Proven highly-developed oral and written communication skills, including the ability to make effective presentations and produce high quality written documents and reports.
- Demonstrated effective cross-cultural communication skills.
- Proven interpersonal and liaison skills in building effective collaborative working relationships with various external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated initiative and drive and the ability to work constructively both independently and as part of a small team.
- A willingness and capacity to undertake extensive domestic travel in Vietnam, Cambodia and occasional travel to Adelaide and other countries in the South East Asia region.
- A high level of fluency in English and the ability to conduct basic communication in other relevant language/s (Vietnamese, Mandarin or Khmer).
- Knowledge of the education system in Vietnam and Cambodia (desirable).
- A degree (bachelor or postgraduate) and relevant experience; or
- An equivalent combination or relevant experience and/or education and training.