Kent State University is looking for a talented professional to join its China Center team as a Digital Marketing Officer. The successful candidate will work closely with colleagues in the US and China to manage the university’s China marketing efforts primarily via digital & social media, and online platforms. This will include building a presence on social media to connect with different stakeholder groups, creating and executing online campaigns and brand building activities, and providing content for print and digital outlets including the university’s Chinese language web page.
Profile of candidate
The ideal candidate will have significant experience managing social media platforms (WeChat, Weibo, Youku, etc.) ideally for promoting a university or business involved in education. Experience in student recruitment would be an advantage for this position. The candidate must have highly creative skills with a flair for designing posts for the university’s target audience. Relationship building is a key priority of this role. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and an aptitude for communicating with stakeholders across the education sector. The individual will assist Kent State University with the implementation of the university’s China yield strategies.
- Managing the university’s online presence and social media in China. This will include:
- Creating engaging multimedia content for Weibo, WeChat, Youku and other relevant platforms
- Monitoring student queries and engaging with prospective students and families throughout the student life cycle
- Creating and executing online campaigns, events, and brand building activities
- Crafting a comprehensive digital promotion strategy for Kent State
- Monitoring the university’s reputation online in China
- Composing reports on social media interaction
- Working closely with China Center colleagues to amplify their offline efforts and contribute strategic insights that will help boost the team’s overall effectiveness
- Working closely with US-based colleagues to align on strategy with campus MarCom when appropriate, and to ensure effective support from campus for China marketing efforts including sourcing compelling content
- Taking a leading role in the creation and implementation of yield strategies
- Creating digital and physical promotional assets including brochures, presentations, flyers
- Supporting agent and student enquiries and liaising with Kent State’s stakeholders including local agents, high schools, and universities
- Assisting with reporting
- Other activities as required
The most suitable background
- 3-4+ years of experience in roles of increasing responsibility related to education marketing or international education marketing
- Experience promoting or working for a foreign education institution would be a plus (particularly USA)
- Study or experience abroad strongly preferred
- Good English language skills
- Voluntary or other life experience that demonstrates creativity, hard work, persistence or drive to succeed.
- Bachelor’s degree with good to strong academic performance. Marketing or communication qualifications would be an advantage.
The most important traits to succeed
- Outstanding communicator and able to influence others
- A creative flair and a keen sense for capturing attention
- Good judgment, internal moral compass
- Able to multi-task and manage a balanced agenda
- Strong customer sensitivity
- Intensively attentive to detail
- Team player
- Intelligent, creative problem solver
- Emotionally mature and confident
- Ambitious and driven to results
- Initiative and resourceful
- Hardworking and persistent.