We are looking for a talented, dedicated professional to be a China-based Recruitment Manager for Auckland University of Technology (AUT). The role will be based in Beijing and will be fully dedicated to representing AUT.
The China Recruitment Manager will be the face of AUT in China by representing AUT at recruitment events, executing conversion strategies, providing support for “business to business” relationships with key education agencies, government agencies, schools and other institutions in China and plays a leading part in the development and coordination of regional marketing and recruitment plan in China. They provide expertise and analytics of the China market, providing knowledge of local culture, government and education system, market insights and opportunities and key stakeholders. The role reports to the Director International Relations and Recruitment and works closely with the rest of the AUT International team. Significant travel is anticipated on behalf of AUT, including outside of regular business hours and on weekends.
AUT is proud to be one of the world’s best modern universities. Times Higher Education has ranked them in the top 40 universities under 50 years of age, and among the top 1% (201-250) of universities in the world and equal second in New Zealand. AUT is the second largest university in New Zealand and the fastest growing postgraduate study destination, with over 250 programmes, 2,200 academic staff and more than 100,000 alumni all over the world. AUT’s mission is to create great graduates, and each member of our staff contributes to this. The University offers exceptional learning experiences that prepare students to be successful wherever in the world their career may take them.
- Contribute to the design and implement innovative and sustainable business strategies to achieve student recruitment across all AUT programmes and pathways.
- Act as an internal AUT recruitment expert on assigned regions making key recommendations to relevant colleagues on admissions requirements, qualifications equivalencies, recruitment channels institutional partners.
- Represent AUT at student recruitment events in China.
- Follow up with offer holders and execute conversion strategies and other in-market activities as required.
- Provide Cultural knowledge and awareness of China.
- Collate and share Market insights, trends and opportunities to deliver on the recruitment plan
- Forms key relationships with Chinese agencies, government agencies, industries, alumni, schools, and other institutions in China.
- Contribute towards the regional Marketing and Recruitment Plan and continuous validation of trends and changes
- Follow up and examine business development leads and opportunities.
- Support Trans-National Education, partnerships, alumni, and research activities as required.
- Provide key partners with relevant information about China and the University.
- Produce, analyse and communicate data relating to key recruitment channels including intelligence on markets, pathways and competitors.
- Ensure ongoing collaboration and consultation with key stakeholders in partnership with key AUT internal stakeholders and teams.
- Effective agent relationships via on-going training and timely and appropriate responses to all agents.
- Provide on the ground marketing insights, trends, and other various marketing support.
- Achieve defined student selection targets and KPIs.
- Any other duties as may be required by senior management.
- Five or more years of experience or equivalent in a role related to education or international education, with an emphasis on recruitment and relationship management.
- Able to write functional emails and reports in English. Able to discuss plans and tactics with native English speakers.
- Work or study abroad overseas, preferably in Australia or New Zealand.
- Voluntary or other life experience that demonstrates creativity, hard work, persistence, or drive to succeed.
- Bachelor’s degree with good academic performance.
- Strong strategic and multitasking skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, ability to influence others.
- Strong customer sensitivity, internal moral compass.
- Honesty and personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Intelligence and creative problem solving.
- Emotional maturity and confidence.
- Driven to achieve results.
- Takes initiative.
- Hardworking, resilient and persistent.
- Ability to work independently but also within a team.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
If you would like to apply or have any questions, please send a cover letter (explaining why you are best suited for this role) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org