The Program Officer will be based in Beijing or Shanghai and will be fully dedicated to representing McMaster University. The ideal candidate has experience representing a foreign educational institution and/or supporting student recruitment efforts related to study abroad. The role’s primary focus will be carrying out the university’s recruitment activities across China including visiting and training agent partners and cultivating relationships with counsellors. Other responsibilities may include a leading role in follow up and conversion of offer-holders, as well as helping out with brand building and digital marketing activities. The position involves frequent, sophisticated interaction with administration and faculty from the university and significant travel time is required (40%).
The Most Suitable Background
- At least 2-3 years of experience in increasingly responsible roles related to education or international education.
- Experience representing a known institution will be a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance.
- Marketing experience would be an advantage.
- Strong English fluency. Proficient in business writing. Able to discuss strategy and analysis with English speakers.
- Study or experience abroad strongly preferred. Study or experience in Canada even better.
- Voluntary or other life experience that demonstrates creativity, hard work, persistence or drive to succeed.
- Strong communication skills and able to influence others
- Strong strategic skills – evaluate issues and make tactical recommendations
- Good judgment, internal moral compass
- Able to multi-task and manage a balanced agenda
- Strong customer sensitivity
- Attention to detail
- Intelligence, creative problem-solving skills
- Emotional maturity and confidence
- Ambitious and driven to results
- Initiative and resourceful
- Hardworking and persistent.
If you would like to apply or have any questions, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.