Profile of candidate
The Program Officer will be based in Shanghai and will be fully dedicated to representing the University of Essex. The ideal candidate has experience representing a foreign educational institution and/or supporting student recruitment efforts related to study abroad.
To work with the China Regional International Office team, the Program Officer will focus on recruitment of students from mainland China through a range of channels including direct recruitment, university partnerships and school’s engagement.
Other responsibilities may include a leading role in follow up and conversion of offer-holders, as well as helping out with brand building and digital marketing activities. The position involves frequent, sophisticated interaction with administration and faculty from the university and significant travel time is required (40%).
Communications and External Relations Section
The China Regional International Office forms part of our network of six regional offices around the world. The Regional Offices are part of the University’s Communications and External Relations Section (CER), which is responsible for:
- Student recruitment
- Philanthropy and alumni relations
- Communications and stakeholder engagement
Duties of the post:
The main duties of the post will include:
- To undertake and achieve annual headcount and income recruitment targets
- To proactively nurture and guide prospective students from enquiry through to admission, with particular attention to conversion
- To represent the University of Essex at national and regional careers and higher education events, including to deliver talks to a range of audiences, on issues relating to course selection and student life;
- To develop and enhance effective relationships with agents, sponsors and other key channel partners;
- To support the development of effective relationships with schools and universities across in China,
- To support the UK and China-based marketing teams, particularly with social media engagement
- Ensure effective use of relevant University systems, including CRM
- To form an integral part of the team involved in the planning and organisation of the University’s off-line events throughout the recruitment and admissions cycle
- To support and host Essex academic staff visiting China for recruitment and institutional profile-raising activities
- To gather, analyse and disseminate data reports and marketing information relating to key markets.
- To support alumni activities in China.
- Any other duties as required.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in marketing or sales, preferably related to education
- Fluency in English and Mandarin Chinese.
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Familiarity with the Higher Education sector in the UK or other key destinations.
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel within the region and occasionally to the UK.
- Computer literacy, including familiarity with word processing, databases, spreadsheets.
- A proactive approach and the ability to work without supervision.
- Results orientated and customer-focused.
- Ability to gather, understand and present statistical data and market research
- A good team player
- A qualification in Business or Marketing.
- Experience or expertise in the area of sales and marketing.
If you would like to apply or have any questions, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.