An exciting opportunity has now emerged for the position of Project Officer, who will work in unison with the China Manager and the China Project Manager for The University of the West of England, Bristol (UWE Bristol).
The main focus of this role is to successfully manage and coordinate current and future projects that UWE are now running with their university partners in China. These include co-ordinating the implementation of their English Language support for a number of Joint Education Programmes, Pre-master’s projects and PSE (EAP/ESP) courses.
You will be working closely with UWE’s Project Manager in order to successfully allow for the delivery of all of the above projects. As well as this, you will also work closely with the rest of the recruitment team in China to help deliver on wider team objectives.
The role will involve frequent travel throughout China in order to effectively liaise with partners and coordinate projects in provinces such as Beijing, Shanghai, Guangdong, Hainan and Hebei.
The person appointed will need to be fluent in English and have a background in education, preferably recruitment or TNE projects. As such, you will have had some experience in creating and building partner relations with universities with a view to sending students abroad to the UK for study or will have had experience in supporting the development of overseas programmes with universities in China.
A big part of this role is that the person will need to be a team player and also enjoy building effective relationships with students and staff in partner institutions. Apart from being a project officer, you will also be an advocate for UWE Bristol and will be central to their partner relations.
- UK Bachelor’s or master’s degree having spent at least one year in higher education overseas.
- 3 Years’ experience in working in the education sector.
- Fluent in both English and Chinese Mandarin.
- Experience in project co-ordination and/or in dealing with overseas/China university partnerships.
- English language teaching and/or managing English language programmes.
Responsibilities as Project Officer:
- Responsible for the maintenance and co-ordination of English Language courses and programmes for each defined project. You will also be responsible for supporting quality assurance procedures.
- Responsible for project co-ordination of UWE PSE courses taught face to face in China, liaising with regional staff and teachers to ensure smooth delivery of the courses.
- Overseeing and carrying out testing and assessments of students, as required.
- Liaising with designated staff and senior managers at partner institutions and operating through on-site project groups. These will advise, direct and administer projects as required consulting with all stakeholders. In particular, you will liaise regularly with line managers and with the Country Manager for China to ensure the success of projects, the resolution of challenges and the celebration of success.
- Will be able to support the initiation and development of new projects as they are identified and will be able to identify the opportunities of such proposals and the resource implications involved.
- Supporting the regional activities within Asia Pacific as required.
- To undertake domestic travel within China to provide supervision and support for International Officers and academic colleagues travelling to visit the China projects as required.
- To be able to act as an ambassador for the university representing UWE at a range of events and activities.
- Act as an advocate for UWE Bristol thereby supporting recruitment to UWE Business-related programmes (including Accounting and Finance) either in country or in the UK.
Other General Responsibilities:
- Undertake appropriate administrative duties as required, including support for student applications.
- Contribute to recruitment and admissions processes including attendance at appropriate events across Asia Pacific and the development of programme literature.
- Attend meetings as required, including those conducted online.
- Be responsible for own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the University’s health and safety policy.
If you would like to apply or have any questions, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.