The University of Wollongong (UOW) is a global leader in discovery and learning. Ranked the 14th best modern university in the world (QS Top 50 Under 50) and in the world’s top 200 in the QS World University Rankings 2021.
Wollongong is one of Australia’s most beautiful coastal cities. Just 90 minutes south of the Sydney CBD, Wollongong offers all of the services of a major city without the crowds and expense. A range of affordable student accommodation options are available both on-campus and nearby, all connected by a free shuttle bus that transports students around Wollongong seven days a week. With campuses in Sydney, Liverpool, and Wollongong, and international campuses in Hong Kong, Malaysia, and Dubai, UOW offers opportunities for a truly global education.
Applications are invited for the post of Recruitment Adviser for the University of Wollongong. Based in Ho Chi Minh city, the successful candidate will be a part of Grok’s Vietnam team and will report to the Regional Recruitment Manager in Australia.
The candidate should have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills and should have the ability to build effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders in the education sector. As the candidate will be working remotely with the University’s on-campus team, staff, and advisers across countries, he/she should be highly organised, self-motivated and comfortable working with differences in time zones.
- Develop detailed knowledge of UOW and UOW College, its academic and English language programs, admission requirements and application procedures/processes, as well as the broader Australian Higher Education sector.
- Work with UOWs agent and institutional partner network in South-East Asia to drive recruitment outcomes for UOW and UOW College. Including:
- liaison with agent partners through regular office and web visits,
- attendance at agent recruitment fairs and
- application and offer case management/follow up to offer acceptance.
- Manage all activity within the assigned market budget.
- Promote all UOW and UOWC programs and relevant admissions processes to our potential students, parents, high school counsellors and education agent, and institutional partners.
- Maintain UOW/UOWC’s social media presence by regular posting of promotional material, including upcoming education fairs, agent, and school visits. Develop translated content for UOW/UOWC’s social media platforms in Vietnam.
- Prepare a monthly report on activities, including application/offer/acceptance data, market updates with regard to student/course demand and trends, and relevant agent feedback.
- Significant travel required (40%).
- Three to four years’ experience in increasingly responsible roles related to education or international education.
- Experience representing a known institution will be a plus, with preference to Australia experience.
- Bachelor’s degree with good to strong academic performance. Master’s degree a plus.
- Spoken and written English fluency.
- Proficient in business writing.
- Able to discuss strategy and analysis with English speakers.
- Experience working or studying abroad is required, with study abroad experience in Australia strongly preferred.
- Voluntary or other life experience that demonstrates creativity, hard work, persistence, or drive to succeed.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong strategic skills with the ability to evaluate issues
- Sound judgment, internal moral compass
- Able to multi‐task and manage a balanced agenda
- Strong customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Intelligence, creative problem-solving skills
- Emotional maturity and confidence
- Ambitious and driven to results influence others
- Initiative and resourceful
- Hardworking and persistent and make tactical recommendations.
What is cool about this job?
As a Recruitment Adviser, you will build a strong personal connection to the people at UOW and to the institution itself. You will contribute directly to the evolution of the institution and its international strategy. The work you do will impact the educational opportunities available to both students at UOW as well as in Vietnam.
You will be given the opportunity to develop strategic analysis and strategy development skills, communicating at a high level with customers, managing a complex agenda, and crafting realistic and successful business models to support academic partnership. You will also have the chance to travel to visit your customer campus. You will be part of the Grok Family, where you’ll have access to great supervision, professional development, career growth, and a fun and caring work environment. Grok is dedicated to doing excellent work for our customers, and it’s exciting to be part of our growing team.
What is hard about this job?
With greater control comes greater responsibility, and this can result in pressure. Most education institutions the world over have complex governance, which means that they are not able to change rapidly: you may know how an institution can improve its outcomes in Vietnam, but it might take months or years for them to be able to address your feedback, and that can lead to frustration. Stress management is essential. The job sometimes requires significant travel within and outside of Vietnam, which can be great, but it can also sometimes be tiring.
Perks and Benefits
- Private Medical Insurance
- Travel allowance
- Competitive Salary + social, housing, unemployment insurance