The Program Officer, based in Guangzhou, will be dedicated to working with University of Essex China Regional Office team (located both in Beijing and Guangzhou). The Program Officer will focus on a wide range of activities related to the recruitment of students from mainland China.
Duties may include assisting with the oversight, support and management of education agents, building relationships with high schools and other partners, and building profile for the customer institution via social media channels. Position involves frequent, direct interaction with stakeholders from Essex. Significant travel required (30% – 40%), including travel to the UK.
The Most Suitable Background
Past Work Experience
- Three to five years experience in a role related to education or international education.
- Less direct experience may be acceptable if the candidate has significant related sales and/or marketing experience.
- Knowledge of the UK higher education system is essential.
- Experience in gathering, understanding and presenting statistical data and market research.
- Bachelor’s degree with good to strong academic performance. Master’s preferred. Degree in sales or marketing preferred. A recent graduate from Essex is desirable.
- Able to write functional emails and reports in English. Able to discuss plans and tactics with English speakers.
- Study or experience abroad preferred.
- Voluntary or other life experience that demonstrates creativity, hard work, persistence or drive to succeed.
The Most Important Traits to Succeed
- Strong communication skills and able to influence others
- Good judgment, internal moral compass
- Honesty and Integrity
- Results orientation and customer focused
- Attention to detail
- Intelligence, creative problem solving skills
- Emotional maturity and confidence
- A good team player
- Computer literacy – Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ambitious and “owns” results. Proactive
- Initiative and resourceful
- Hardworking and persistent