The purpose of this position is to provide support to the International Manager and the Vietnam Country Manager in implementing Deakin University’s plans and in achieving the University’s objectives in Vietnam and Cambodia.
The Senior Partnership Officer is required to work collaboratively with Faculties, Divisions and other areas across the University and is expected to contribute significantly to the development of strategies that lead to increased number of international student enrolments at Deakin.
The Senior Partnership Officer is involved in all aspects of international marketing, promotion and partnership management in Vietnam and collaborates with Divisions to deliver a whole of university engagement in Vietnam.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND DUTIES
University Partner Management
• Work closely with the International Manager & Vietnam Country Manager and relevant Faculty staff to develop and execute the annual partnership plan
• Maintain relationships and enhance engagement with current university partners
• Identify new institutions that align with faculty and university’s goals pertaining to recruitment, research and teaching collaboration
• Organise visits, workshops and recruitment fairs at university partner and actively run campaigns to promote Deakin programs and scholarship at partner institutions
• Assist the partner university in recruiting students into the joint/articulation programs
• Produce a monthly partnership report detailing activities and application/offer/acceptances from partner universities.
• Update all partnership activities into the Salesforce CRM system in a timely manner
School and University Engagement
• Build and grow relationships with key local high schools and universities (non-partner institutions) in HCMC, Hanoi and regional cities across Vietnam in order to achieve target
• Assist the Country Manager in organizing visits, information sessions and workshops at local schools and institutions in order to achieve recruitment target
Strategic Planning and Development
• Develop and execute the Annual Partner Engagement
• Coordinate with International Manager and in-country Manager in developing and executing Vietnam Country Plan
• Develop and manage independent projects assigned by International Manager in order to increase brand awareness
Marketing and Communication
• Grow brand awareness and increase brand visibility at local school, partner university and local university
• Collaborate with the Deakin International Communications team to produce relevant social media initiatives, print publication and collateral
• Attend recruitment events and exhibitions organised by agents and other organisations
• Develop expert knowledge of Deakin courses and entry requirements to enable relevant and correct information is provided to prospective students, parents, school counsellors and agents
• Follow up and actively interact with prospective students generated from events to increase acceptance conversion rates.
• Collect data and prepare quarterly reports on competitors and market trends
• Perform any other duties as directed, commensurate with the scope of the position.
SELECTION CRITERIA – ESSENTIAL
Training/Qualifications (or equivalent experience):
• A University degree in marketing, business, or communications.
• At least 5 years of working experience in international education
• Demonstrated experience in a relationship management role and student recruitment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills (both in Vietnamese and English) for reporting and analysis
• Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the proven ability to establish effective relationships with international and external agencies, contacts, customers and colleagues across different cultural settings.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully develop, implement and measure innovative marketing strategies and to generate data reports that track performance against stated objectives.
• Demonstrated high-level commitment to the provision of excellent customer service.
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team member in a competitive and demanding environment.
• High-level planning and organisational skills and the ability to manage competing requirements simultaneously.
• Demonstrated experience in marketing education services globally including relevant social media and online campaigns.
• Will be required to travel frequently within Vietnam and Cambodia and overseas several times each year.
Perks and Benefits
• Private Medical Insurance
• Travel allowance
• Competitive Salary + social, medical, unemployment insurance