Senior Representative for the Denison University (Beijing/Shanghai)
We are looking for a talented, dedicated professional to be a China-based senior representative for the Denison University in U.S. The representative (called a “Senior Program Officer” at Grok) will be based in Beijing or Shanghai and will be fully dedicated to representing the institution.
The role’s primary focus will be to carry out the university’s recruitment activities in China while other responsibilities may include assisting with high-level partnerships, market strategy, brand building, and/or inbound programs. The position involves frequent, sophisticated interaction with international clients and significant travel time is required (40%).
The successful candidate’s duties will include the provision of:
- localized promotion and brand building activities,
- dissemination of information, such as providing training on both the undergraduate and graduate degree programs offered by the Denison University to various stakeholders, such as education agencies,
- build relationships with high-schools and universities,
- follow up with academic offer holders via conversion/acceptance of offer campaigns,
- plan and deliver market activities that support the Denison University’s brand and reputation,
- identifying and sharing higher education trends as they relate to students and agencies in the market, with particular focus on trends that may impact the U.S. as a study destination for students.
The Most Suitable Background
- 4-5+ years of experience in increasingly responsible roles related to education or international education.
- Experience representing a known institution will be a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree with good to strong academic performance. Master’s degree a plus.
- Strong English fluency. Proficient in business writing. Able to discuss strategy and analysis with English speakers.
- Study or experience abroad strongly preferred.
- Voluntary or other life experience that demonstrates creativity, hard work, persistence or drive to succeed.
The Most Important Traits to Succeed
- Strong communication skills and able to influence others
- Strong strategic skills – evaluate issues and make tactical recommendations
- Good judgment, internal moral compass
- Able to multi-task and manage a balanced agenda
- Strong customer sensitivity
- Attention to detail
- Intelligence, creative problem solving skills
- Emotional maturity and confidence
- Ambitious and driven to results
- Initiative and resourceful
- Hardworking and persistent.
If you would like to apply or have any questions, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.