Grok is looking for a talented professional to join the University of Auckland team in China. The Senior Program Officer will be based in Beijing and will be fully dedicated to advancing the interests of the university.
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s largest and highest ranked institution. It was ranked #1 in the world by the Times Higher Education University Impact Ranking (2019,2020) and has been ranked in the top 100 universities worldwide by QS. It has also been rated as #1 in New Zealand and #71 globally for Graduate Employability.
The university hosts 40,000 students who are enrolled in programs across its eight faculties, two large-scale research institutes, and other institutes and centres.
The University of Auckland is pleased to collaborate with Southwest University (SWU) in Chongqing, Northeast Forestry University (NEFU) in Harbin, and Nanjing University of Science and Technology (NJUST, Jiangyin Campus) to provide dedicated learning centres for its students who remain in China during the Covid-19 crisis.
Profile of Candidate
The ideal candidate has experience working for a foreign educational institution and/or supporting student recruitment efforts related to study abroad. The role’s primary focus will be carrying out the university’s recruitment activities across China including visiting and training agent partners and cultivating relationships with counsellors. Other responsibilities may include a leading role in follow up and conversion of offer-holders. The position involves frequent, sophisticated interaction with administration and faculty from the university and significant travel time is required (40%).
The Most Suitable Background
- 4-7 years of experience in increasingly responsible roles related to education or international education.
- Experience representing a known institution will be a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance.
- Marketing experience would be an advantage.
- Strong English fluency. Proficient in business writing. Able to discuss strategy and analysis with English speakers.
- Study or other experience living abroad strongly preferred. Study or experience in New Zealand even better.
- Voluntary or other life experience that demonstrates creativity, hard work, persistence or drive to succeed.
- Strong communication skills and able to influence others
- Strong strategic skills – evaluate issues and make tactical recommendations
- Good judgment, internal moral compass
- Able to multi-task and manage a balanced agenda
- Strong customer sensitivity
- Attention to detail
- Intelligence, creative problem-solving skills
- Emotional maturity and confidence
- Ambitious and driven to results
- Initiative and resourceful
- Hardworking and persistent
As assigned by the Supervisor in conjunction with University of Auckland, but may include:
- Develop detailed knowledge of UoA, its programs, admission requirements and application procedures/processes.
- Support and contribute to University of Auckland’s ability to meet enrolment targets.
- Develop detailed knowledge about the education system in New Zealand.
- Keeps abreast with market developments and contribute to the planning of recruitment activities in the China market.
- Ethically represent Auckland in a way that reflects the mission and values of the institution.
- Support the University in planning and organizing recruiting and outreach activities for prospective students, their parents and counselors.
- Promote all programs to prospective students.
- Liaise with applicants throughout the admission process to ensure they are well-informed, supported and encouraged to enroll.
- Liaise with education agents and attend fairs.
- Conduct presentations at high schools, colleges, fairs, conferences and other venues.
- Assist with University of Auckland messaging within the market (in the form of marketing communications, websites and social media) to a very high standard.
- Support promotion campaigns including promotion of scholarships to students to relevant stakeholders.
- Interact with and support faculty and other senior leadership at the University of Auckland, including visits by delegations.
- Prepare a monthly report on activities using photos, specific accomplishments, highlighting opportunities and challenges.
- Evaluate University of Auckland programs, attributes and activities, with recommendations for improvement that are sophisticated, realistic, well informed by market norms and that address the University of Auckland’s priorities.
- Manage an extensive network of education agents to a high level of complexity and performance by:
- providing training to new agents
- liaising with existing agents on a regular basis
- attending agent fairs
- Maximizing conversion