We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to represent one of Australia’s leading universities in South East Asia. This position will support the Regional Manager (South East Asia) to implement marketing and recruitment activities in Singapore, Thailand and the city of Johor, with occasional travel required in other countries in the region.
Student Recruitment and Conversions:
- Contribute to the development of the IRAS South East Asia regional international student recruitment strategy, providing market intelligence to support decision-making.
- Represent the University at recruitment fairs, exhibitions, agent interview programs and other forums as directed.
- Drive agent engagement, including seeking feedback to ensure they consistently meet their goals with regard to the University targets set.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and review of effective marketing tools to promote the University to prospective international students in Singapore, Thailand and Johor.
- Assist the Regional Manager (South East Asia) in preparing and maintaining agent training manual, program entry requirements sheets, admissions process flowchart, agent database, school counsellor database etc…
- Provide administrative officer responsibilities to Regional Manager (South East Asia).
- Provide support to Regional Manager (South East Asia) in maintaining travel and activities calendar for Singapore, Thailand and Johor.
- Provide recruitment support to academic/professional staff from the University as required during their visits to the region.
- Assist the University in monitoring compliance by its recruitment agents with the ESOS Act and National Code.
- Perform regular visits to University stakeholders in order to provide support and to train new staff as required.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with a range of University staff to support the University’s international recruitment strategy in Singapore, Thailand and Johor.
- Maintain close collaborative working relationships with University business partners including agents, universities, and schools to facilitate the transfer of students to the University.
- Respond to enquiries from prospective students, parents and agents made via phone, email and social media channels.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the international tertiary student market
- Demonstrated understanding of current issues in student recruitment and retention in the Australian higher education sector
- Experience in developing and delivering outreach, student recruitment activities and retention programs or related events
- Demonstrated ability to identify, initiate and coordinate new opportunities for student recruitment and future student engagement projects or similar
- Experience in providing high quality service and advice to prospective students and key influencers such as parents and teachers
- Experience in delivering presentations in a confident, professional and engaging manner
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills with the ability to build and nurture relationships
- Demonstrated initiative and drive and the ability to work constructively both independently and as part of a small team
- A willingness and capacity to undertake extensive travel in Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand, and occasional travel to Adelaide and other countries in the South East Asia region
- A high level of fluency in English and the ability to conduct basic communication in other relevant languages (Malay, Tamil or Mandarin/Cantonese). The ability to communicate in basic Thai would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of the education system in Malaysia, Singapore (desirable) and Thailand (desirable)
- A degree (bachelor or postgraduate) and relevant experience; or
- An equivalent combination or relevant experience and/or education and training