We are looking for a talented, dedicated professional to be a China-based representative for the University of Newcastle (UON), Australia. The representative will be based in Beijing and will be fully dedicated to representing the institution.
The role’s primary focus will be providing support to the team in meeting the university’s student recruitment goals in China and core responsibilities will include administration, student conversion, marketing, and communications. The position involves frequent, sophisticated interaction with international clients and some domestic and international travel is required.
Core Responsibilities & Typical Activities
|Area of accountability||Core Responsibilities & Typical Activities||Measure of Performance|
|General Administration||Timely, effective and completion of tasks and activities|
Supervisor monitoring and review
|Event / Campaign / Project Support||Projects completed successfully and on schedule|
Satisfaction of stakeholder requirement
|Marketing & Communication|
|Projects completed successfully and on schedule|
|Stakeholder feedback on service and performance|
Team successfully meeting targets
|Positive stakeholder feedback|
- 2+ years of experience in increasingly responsible roles related to education or international education.
- Experience representing a known institution will be a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree with good to strong academic performance.
- Strong English fluency. Proficient in business writing.
- Proficient in Mandarin, esp. translation (English to Chinese)
- Highly developed problem-solving skills, the ability to work individually on tasks and collaboratively in a team environment, and the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly developed organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple complex tasks with competing deadlines.
- Strong communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Good customer service and management skills
- Good at creative writing in Chinese
- Proficient in MS Office
- Intermediate visual communication design skills
- Ability to work independently, proceed with objectives without supervision, and work as part of a team.
- A willingness to work outside of normal work hours and flexibility to achieve the outcomes of the role
- A willingness to undertake some domestic travel on behalf of the University