Part-time/freelancer position: International Education Research Analyst
Report to: Manager, Research and Advisory
The Grok Research and Advisory team work with foreign institutions and governments, conducting market research and helping set strategies to meet their goals in different international education markets. With deep roots in Asian markets, Grok has received increasing demand in supporting clients in China, South Korea, Southeast Asia, South Asia, the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), and Latin America. We now look for experienced professionals with a genuine interest in market research in the above markets, data analysis, and consultation to join the advisory team part-time. You will be involved in selected projects based on the nature of the projects, your background, experience, and strengths.
Needed Traits for This Job
Language skills and experience in international education are a given. Beyond that, we look for special people. We seek out intellects that have curiosity and intensity, and strong characters with integrity and compassion. And we look for hard workers who show initiative and ownership of results.
Key Result Areas
- Stay abreast of new development in the international education sector
- Information collection through the internet, phone calls, and questionnaires
- Reach out to potential partners through telephone or face to face interviews
- Evaluate potential partners for their suitability and interest in partnerships
- Design and distribute surveys, collect and analyze results, and draft analytics reports
Qualifications and Selection Criteria
- Bachelor’s degree and above.
- Passion about international education
- A genuine interest in market research, data analysis, interviewing people, and business development.
- Take ownership, initiative and use all possible resources in completing projects and tasks.
- Outgoing nature and self-motivated
- Professionalism, poise and leadership
- Strong analytical skills, able to create easy-to-understand charts and logical narratives for reports or presentations
- Proficient in spoken and written English. Multilingual skills will be a plus.
- Experience with international education, or university admissions, or student recruitment/business development preferred.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office, especially word and excel.
- Knowledge of data analysis tools and data visualization platforms e.g. Tableau preferred.
Working at Grok
We offer competitive compensation, excellent support and supervision, interesting and meaningful work, and talented teammates working with you. Working with Grok, you will not only build expertise in market research and international education, but also build skills in business development, and client engagement.
If you would like to apply or have any questions, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.